When you get a bank account, you can ask for a debit card. When you get it, you will need to make a PIN,a secret number, like a password, and tell it to the banker, who will write it in the bank-book.Do not tell the PIN to anyone (except the banker). It can be used to withdraw money from your account.
How to use a Debit-Card to pay a shopEdit
- You choose what to buy.
- you tell the shop owner.
- the shop owner take a bit of paper and a pen.
- you write your signature (as on bank) and/or your PIN (secret code) which you chose when you got the debit card.
- write your bank account number on the paper.
- seal the paper.
- The shop owner writes the amount you need to pay.
- the money goes from your bank account to the shop's bank account when the shop gives the paper to the bank.
How to accept a Debit-CardEdit
To accept a debit-card,you need:Edit
- Tape (to seal)
How to do it:Edit
- you give the paper and pen to the customer.
- Give tape to the customer.
- write the amount (s)he needs to pay you on the sealed up paper.
- give all the sealed papers you got that day to the bank.
- the bank will transfer the money from the customer(s)' account(s).
How to withdraw money using a debit-cardEdit
- Show the debit-card to the banker, and tell him/her your PIN and how much money you want to withdraw.
- Take the money.